The CVQO Westminster Award is an annual competition which is designed to recognise and reward the most deserving CVQO learners in the UK.
Each year CVQO invites cadet and youth group leaders to come forward and nominate a brilliant young person for something they’ve achieved. The criteria for the nomination is open. For example it could be that they’ve overcome a personal challenge, such as helping a family member or friend in need, undertaken some amazing community/charity work or are simply being an all-round terrific character.
If you have a young person you would like to nominate, fantastic! There’s some criteria to satisfy to make sure they’re eligible. They need to be:
- Enrolled on or have completed a CVQO-led qualification
- Born between 1st September 2000 and 31st August 2002
- And most of all they’re looking for outstanding young people who put others before themselves
There are some incredible experiences on offer, such as:
- A four-day residential selection event in Somerset
- An ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Lunch at the House of Lords in June
- A two-week South Africa expedition in July.
It all starts with a short nomination form.
There can be one nomination per detachment/unit/squadron and nominations will close on 28 January!
Visit their website here for more information: https://www.cvqo.org/westminster-award/