There is currently one job vacancy available at West Midland Reserve Forces’ & Cadets' Association. Please scroll down the page for further details.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest news you can sign up to our e-newsletter via our online sign-up form.
Regional Employer Engagement Director - Defence Relationship Management
£33,000.00 plus excellent benefits
West Midlands (Birmingham Based)
Applications are invited for a Full-Time Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) at the West Midland Reserve Forces & Cadets Association (WMRFCA).
The post, which is available immediately, is based at the Association’s Headquarters in Harborne.
The REED is lead for the delivery of regional employer support and employer engagement and is responsible, through the Association’s Head of Engagement and Chief Executive, for the Association’s compliance with the MoD’s Directorate of Relationship Management (DRM) Business, Marketing and Communications Plans. The REED manages the interface between regional employers and the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
Developing and maintaining partnerships with organisations throughout West Midlands, the REED offers advice and support on employing members of the armed forces community, whether they be Reservists, Veterans, Cadet Force Adult Volunteers or military spouses. As well as directly managing relationships with employers, the REED also delivers a range of prestigious engagement events throughout the region. The REED’s work really matters. As a key delivery agent of the Armed Forces Covenant, the appointment plays a crucial role in developing meaningful, mutually beneficial links between the Armed Forces and wider society throughout the West Midlands.
- Actively manage relationships with major regional employers in support of Defence objectives.
- Work closely with military counterparts to deliver multi-layered partnerships across key accounts.
- Tailor the Defence-employer proposition to individual organisations, maximising attractiveness and ensuring genuine mutual benefit.
- Act as a support for reservists and specified employers alike in providing a range of relevant guidance and advice on reservist/employer issues.
- Strong background in account management or comparable client-facing work; Defence understanding preferable but not essential.
- A credible and confident communicator with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- The ability to engage with senior people across corporate, public, political and military sectors.
- A team player and a self-starter; articulate, honest, reliable, committed and with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. Values orientated and outcome focused.
Further details are included on the Job Description.
Interested candidates should send a full CV, together with letter of no more than two sides, detailing their suitability for the role, to West Midland RFCA, Tennal Grange, Tennal Road, Harborne, Birmingham B32 2HX, or by e-mail to the Office Manager email@example.com and should be marked Personal for Head of Support Services.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 29th April 2021.
Interviews: Thursday 6th May 2021.