There are currently three job vacancies at West Midland Reserve Forces’ and Cadets' Association. Please scroll down the page for further details.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest news you can sign up to our e-newsletter by sending your name and email address to email@example.com
Part-Time Administrative Officer (EEAO) (12.3 Hrs)
Defence Relationship Management
£6619.00 (Full Time Equivalent £19,911.00)
West Midlands (Harborne Based)
Applications are invited for a Part-time Administrative Officer (EEAO) at the West Midland Reserve Forces & Cadets Association (WM RFCA). As a public organisation with Crown status, we are looking for an organised individual with excellent numeracy and literacy skills, computer literate, able to learn new systems quickly and work with minimum supervision. Good communication and inter-personal skills are required.
The EEAO is responsible to the Regional Employer Engagement Directors (REEDs), and for the West Midland Employment Engagement (EE) support and Defence Relationship Management (DRM) data update, data collection and events support.
- To assist in maintaining and updating a database (Salesforce).
- To support employer engagement campaigns and to update systems accordingly.
- Follow up on Employer Engagement activity.
- Produce spreadsheets and briefing statistics.
- Verify and update contact information on a regular basis to ensure the validity of the data.
- Support the tri-service employer notification process.
- Support Armed Forces Covenant signings.
- Support data analysis on behalf of the REED.
- Undertake mail merging and mailings.
- Liaise with units for reservist and employer information.
- Liaise with external agencies and employers.
- In agreement with line manager, support the Head of Engagement with EE activity.
- Any other duties as are commensurate with the post.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel and have the ability to produce and manipulate work sheets.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Organised and methodical with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and personable office manner.
- Possess a positive winning attitude.
Further details can be downloaded from the Job Description link below:
Interested candidates should send a full CV and covering letter of no more than two sides, detailing their suitability for the role, to West Midland RFCA, Tennal Grange, Tennal Road, Harborne, Birmingham B32 2HX, or by e-mail to the Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and should be marked Personal For Office Manager.
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019
Interviews week commencing 21st January 2019.
Herefordshire & Worcestershire Army Cadet Force
Applications are invited for the post of Cadet Quartermaster with Herefordshire & Worcestershire Army Cadet Force, based in Suvla Barracks, Hereford.
The current salary for this post is £28,859 (all hours worked), which includes an enhancement for working unsocial hours and for hours worked in excess of standard hours. The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Council of RFCAs Pension Scheme. This is a Career Average Revalued Earnings (CARE) Scheme.
Applicants should preferably have had previous experience in either the Regular or Reserve Armed Forces and have wide administrative experience with a sound knowledge of stores, accounting, supply, maintenance, vehicles and logistic support. They should be familiar with aspects of military staff work and possess good IT skills.
The appointment is for a probationary period of six months in the first instance after which it may be confirmed as a permanent position.
The successful applicant as a condition of employment will be required to join the Army Cadet Force and will be appointed to the paid rank of Captain, and would be paid the appropriate rate for any training carried out in accordance with current regulations, in addition to the salary quoted above. Applicants will be required to provide two suitable referees and must undergo Security Clearance and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
A full job description is available to download on the Job Description link below:
Applications should be received no later than noon on Friday 11th January 2019.
They may be sent by mail to West Midland RFCA, Tennal Grange, Tennal Road, Harborne, Birmingham B32 2HX, or by e-mail to email@example.com, and should be marked PERSONAL FOR OFFICE MANAGER.
The shortlist of applicants called for interview will be notified as soon as possible after that date.
The date for interviews is set for Tuesday 22nd January 2019 for appointment as soon as practicable thereafter.
Applications should comprise:
- A current CV of no more than two pages.
- A short covering letter demonstrating how they meet the essential requirements of this job and why they consider themselves suitable for the position, indicating their interest and motivation to assume this role.
Deputy Cadet Commandant - Shropshire Army Cadet Force
A vacancy has occurred for the post of Deputy Cadet Commandant with Shropshire Army Cadet Force. With its Headquarters in Copthorne Barracks, Shrewsbury, the County Cadet Force comprises of 550 Cadets and 101 Adult Volunteers who parade at 22 locations throughout Shropshire.
The post of Cadet Deputy Commandant is a voluntary appointment. Under The Cadet Force Commission, the successful applicant will assume the substantive rank of Lieutenant Colonel. They will be eligible up to a maximum of 50 days’ ‘Volunteer Allowance’ and will be entitled to residence to place of duty and motor mileage allowances whilst on official duty.
Candidates should ideally have held the paid rank of Major or above/equivalent in the Regular Forces, Reserves or Cadet Movement and should be under the age of 62 or ideally 60 years of age on the date of application.
A full job description may be downloaded from the job description link below:
Interested candidates are asked to submit a covering letter and a current Curriculum Vitae by no later than Friday 25th January 2019 to:
The Office Manager
West Midland RFCA
Tel: 0121 274 2219
Suitable candidates will be invited to appear before a Selection Board at Brigade Headquarters in Donnington which is set for Tuesday 12th February 2019.