There is currently one job vacancy available at West Midland Reserve Forces’ & Cadets' Association. Please scroll down the page for further details.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest news you can sign up to our e-newsletter by sending your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy Notice – Head Of Finance
West Midland Reserve Forces and Cadets Association
Applications are invited for the post of Head of Finance with the West Midland Reserve Forces and Cadets Association, based at Tennal Grange, Harborne, Birmingham.
The current salary for this post is £32,425, 37 hours a week, with a holiday entitlement of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years, or 30 days on commencement if the successful applicant is eligible. They will also be eligible to join the Council of RFCAs Pension Scheme. This is a Career Average Revalued Earnings scheme.
The West Midland RFCA is one of 13 RFCAs in the UK. It is an arm’s length government body, independent of the MOD but funded by it, that supports and sustains the Reserve Forces and Defence’s cadet organisations across the Region.
The Head of Finance will be responsible to the Chief Executive for the control, security, safeguarding and accounting of all public monies provided by the MOD and other funds held by West Midland RFCA. This includes direct supervision of two finance assistants.
- Accounting, banking, investment and management of all Association funds
- Financial control over all Association grants and expenditure
- Draw down funds throughout the year through the relevant funding streams
- Support the Army Cadet Force County Headquarters in managing and reporting expenditure against their grants
- Complete forecasts for the Annual Budgetary Cycle and review and report during the year
- Produce Annual Financial Statements for external audit
- Prepare input to reports and attend Association Finance and Estates Sub Committee and Board meetings and Council of RFCA Finance meetings
- Oversee the monthly Payroll and ensure compliance with HMRC requirements
- Oversee documentation and correspondence relating to the RFCA Pension Scheme
- Member of the Senior Management Team.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and processes
- Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians as a minimum
- An organised individual with experience of managing complex processes
- Experience of computerised accounting systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel
- Some line management experience
- Experience in budget management role
- Qualified Accountancy certification (CIMA/ACCA).
- An understanding of the military environment and accounting procedures.
- Clean driving licence
Full details of the post can be downloaded from the Job Description link here.
Applicants should please send a current Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria of the role by email to email@example.com or by post marked FAO: Head of Support Services to:
West Midland Reserve Forces & Cadets Association
The closing date for applications is midday on 13th March 2020.
Interview date: TBC